Special interest groups supporting specific noble causes are sprouting everywhere in recent years. Noble causes, such as assistance to victims of natural disasters, awareness of diseases and health issues, prevention of child and domestic abuse, animal abuse, and much more. Such interest groups are small in membership and lack the resources they need to advance their cause. With the limited resources, spreading awareness of the cause and communicating the message is a challenge.
It was Lance Armstrong who started the use of silicone bracelets in 2004 to raise funds for cancer awareness. Since then, other cause-oriented groups found the use of silicone bracelets a powerful tool for spreading the message.
A strong communication tool
Special interest groups found the silicone bracelets highly effective in raising awareness for their cause which is why these bracelets are sometimes referred to as awareness bracelets. The reason, however, why these bracelets are popular is because of their durability and its ability to be customized in accordance with the group’s preferences. And, silicone bracelets are inexpensive, particularly if bought in bulk.
If you are one who supports a specific cause, customizing the bracelets means the message gets displayed with the choice of color and style, according to your preference. The message then becomes the walking billboard that speaks of and for your cause.
Style comes with any of the following:
• Debossed – this is a popular style among groups where the message is stamped int0 the bracelet.
• Colored debossed – having your text colored and debossed makes your message stand out and catchy.
• Embossed – a style which raises your text approximately 2 millimeters from the surface, making your text visible and dimensional.
• Screen printed – a style which prints your message directly on both sides of the rubber surface. You can have a choice of color for your message which is different from the bracelet for contrast appeal.
Another feature which makes the silicone bracelet attractive as a communication tool is the use of color and pattern design. You can choose the color and pattern such as the -color bands, swirled bands, or multi-colored bands which combine and intertwine several colors.
Establishing identity with the colors
Colors carry deep symbolism. The choice of color is an intention, which, in time becomes the identity of the group and those who support its cause. Communicating your message across, therefore, requires knowing how and why colors speak for you and your cause. Colors occur in nature and are universal in understanding. For instance, green is the color of trees (the color used to symbolize environmental concerns) and blue the color of the sky which brings tranquility used to symbolize psychological concerns.
Knowing what the colors stand for may help you choose the color you want, or you may seek the assistance of an expert.
For awareness bracelets, the following are a few samples that the colors represent:
• Red –health concerns like AIDS, HIV, and heart disease
• Yellow – cancer, prevention of suicides, adoption
• Green – environmental concerns, kidney and organ donations
• Blue – child abuse, victims of natural disasters, drunk driving
• Purple – animal abuse, cystic fibrosis, religious tolerance, other health issues
• Brown – tobacco avoidance, cancer specific to colon and colorectal
• Black – death with dignity (euthanasia), mourning, gang prevention
• Pink – children’s cancer, breast cancer
• Teal – women reproductive issues
• Rainbow – LGBT
Awareness bracelets are the millennium’s product. The popularity of these bracelets found its way to special interest groups which use it to spread its message and increase awareness to a wider population. With the appropriate combination of color and design, the bracelets become a powerful tool for communicating the message of interest groups.
Capitalizing on the human nature of sharing that which is received free, the wristbands are the perfect tool to reach a wider range of people. For that matter, money used on awareness bracelets are nothing compared to the gratification one gets in supporting a worthy cause.